Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Maybe i'm just getting old

Do you know what's more interesting than being in a club? Well lot's of things. But do you know what one of those things is? Being outside a club! (i'll get back to that in a minute). Tonight i went and played pool for a bit which was quite cool. We played a game called killer. Five people, and we took it in turns to take a shot. You get three lives, you can pot any ball, but if you miss you lose a life. If you pot the black, you get a bonus life. Simple as that. £1 each in the pot. I won the first game (woohoo £5 up!) but then lost the next seven games (d'oh £2 down).

Anyway after that malarky (and several pints of a golden liquid known as "lager") they somehow convinced me to go to a notorious local club. Now i hate clubbing, but on the way there i was pretty sure i was drunk. Upon entering, i was suddenly the most sober person. Wow it was crap. Too hot. Too crowded (maybe i'm just getting old, or MAYBE clubbing just sucks). So anyway, being the slightly old slightly boring person i am , i went and sat outside (see told you i'd get back to it). It was totally interesting! I got to see an ambulance crew help a person who was having a massive asthma attack. Then a random (very nice looking) girl who seemed to know me asked me if i knew where this other girl that i know was, because she had all her stuff. I said if she couldnt find her i'd walk her home but in the end she didnt take me up on the offer :(. Then i got to witness the bouncers drag a guy out who was going a bit mental, and one of the bouncers had to be dragged back inside by other bouncers as he yelled "I'M GONNA F***KIN' KILL YOU!!" which i thought was perhaps not appropriate conduct for a bouncer. Then i got to see a guy and girl have a massive argument and the guy start on some other random guy.

I mean come on. That's more pikey entertainment than on any TV channel! Score one for real life! And it's right there at 1am on a high street near you!!

3 comments:

Kev said...

I get that sorta stuff down my road all the time, just minus the bouncers. Dirty chavs.

Dan said...

Great story! And smooth pickup line! I hope it works on future asthmatics. Certainly would on me. ;)

Mark said...

The girl wasn't asthmatic! That girl was taken to hospital silly. This was a different girl.